The year 2022 has arrived! It’s a new year, and we’re all excited to bring fresh energy into our homes and lives. If you want to give your home a facelift, you’ll have to start with the basics: painting and furnishing it. But, more specifically, what are the patterns that will be followed in 2022?
Many people continue to work from home, and students continue to take an online courses, which means that WFH furniture is still essential in every home. In 2022, the trend toward having critical work from home furniture will continue, whether it’s a study table and chair or a bookcase. Shop Now at Mark and Spencer
Preferably, you should have the essentials, such as a study table and ergonomic chair, as well as a bookshelf and storage cabinet. For example, a desk chair that may also be used as a dining chair is available. Ensure that your work or study table is the appropriate size. It is important that the size is not too large or too small. Versatile WFH furniture is a good investment if you have a tiny home.
Color, texture, and style of furniture are now entirely subjective and a matter of personal preference. However, only a few trends are known to experts, and these are the ones you should be aware of. The same may be said for the information contained inside this blog. Take a look at this and see what you can do to change your life and house.
TOP 10 SUGGESTED UPGRADES FOR 2022!
In 2022, many people will continue to pursue the trend of downsizing and simplicity that began in 2021. As a result, you must choose your house furnishings carefully. These are the guidelines that many people will use in 2022 when purchasing new furniture for their homes:
- Try Contact Paper or Fabric for your tables: Your nightstand or side table could use a facelift, and we can help you. Contact paper or cloth can quickly and efficiently remedy the situation! The materials are available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, allowing you to customize practically any flat surface to your liking.
- Replenish your Furniture: Isn’t it true that that old kitchen table and that well-loved stool might use a little love and attention? It is possible to refinish furniture to make it appear new again and to make it more contemporary by cleaning, fixing, and restoring old worn coatings without messy chemical strippers.
- Paint Old Furniture: If the finish on your furniture is old, or if wear and use have taken their toll on some of your pieces, a simple paint job will suffice! The improved “lived in and loved” look achieved by layering patina on top of gray-toned white paint will appeal to those who adore the farmhouse style in its purest form.
- Add Cushions to Dining Chairs: Add comfort and new flair to your dining chairs to give them a new lease on life. With their geometric patterns and vibrant hues, these printed soft cushions will have people asking, “Did you purchase new chairs? “They’re a lot of fun!”
- Add a Table Cloth: If your dining room table is looking a little shabby these days, a stylish tablecloth might breathe new life into it. A splash of color in an otherwise basic setting will provide energy to the space, while a white tablecloth will give it a crisp, clean aspect.
- Style with Stencils: If you like the overall aesthetic of your piece of furniture but want to add a layer of intrigue, stenciling may be the solution. A modest design can make a significant difference, allowing a worn-out piece of furniture to be transformed into something completely different.
- Re-Upholster your Chairs: Upholstery fashions come and go, but a well-made chair lasts a lifetime. When the fabric rips, fades or is just out of date, reupholstering is an option. It only takes a couple of hours for DIYers to save hundreds of dollars on work that would otherwise cost thousands.
- Embellish Upholstered Pieces: If your furniture could use a little glitz, don’t be afraid to give it a facelift that is quick, simple, and inexpensive. Upholstery nails, whether for your upholstered sofa or the padded headboard of your bed, can be purchased in your choice finish and applied to your pieces to give them a completely different appearance.
- Add Throw Pillows: Throw cushions that have been flattened may give the impression that the furniture on which they are placed is old and worn out. On the other hand, Throw pillows can dramatically change a space. Colors that complement one another, such as yellow pillows on a blue couch, should be utilized.
- Use a Slipcover on Your Sofa: If the structure and cushions of your lovely sofa are still in good condition, why not cover up the fading, discolored fabric with a new coverup to give it a fresh look? Choosing a cream slipcover will create a lighter overall look for your room. It may appear to be a risky choice at first, but as you discover that you can remove it and wash it, you’ll be glad you did! Check out this tip if your cats are causing damage to your furniture.
Studies have shown that maintaining plants in your home can help you focus and relax and enhance the quality of the air within your home. Our brand partners at IKEA say that now that we’ve settled into a work-from-home routine that appears to be here to stay, people are naturally seeking ways to bring the outdoors into their homes.
This year, design is getting used to current fads that will last, a few oldies making a comeback, and timeless classics that will never go out of style. Interior design styles for 2022 are already proven to be eye-catching, and you’ll want to try them out in your own home. With so many options, you’ll be able to design a home that’s not just trendy but will look good for years to come as well. We hope you find something you and your house need this year in the list we have prepared for you.
Keep in touch With new products Shop Now at Mark and Spencer